View single post by vnavaret
 Posted: 08-16-2024 09:59 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
vnavaret

JH12947 wrote:  It would be nice if any of the parts suppliers had LHD headers in stock.
Any chance the RHD header can be tweaked to install on a LHD car? Heating and dimpling to get needed clearance is standard operating procedure with headers (that being one reason I eschew headers).
I have installed several sets of headers over the years, and I have not once had them be a drop in operation. Hammering, heating, bending, grinding have been the norm in every case.

Having an exhaust shop making a custom header for you is always an option, albeit an expensive one.

Of late I have refused to install aftermarket headers despite that they are a (not so simple) bolt on power adder. Raising compression, porting, mild cams, etc have been much more satisfying in my experience. For street I prefer well designed cast iron manifolds. The OEM manifolds on my TR8 are well designed with sweeping turns, for example.

That said, Lotus came up with a good design and I would think a used stock setup would be plenty good. They come up on eBay regularly, so I know they are available. If you are a "I want stainless" kind of guy, you can always get them ceramic coated.

Vance

Last edited on 08-16-2024 10:01 pm by vnavaret