View single post by vnavaret
 Posted: 08-10-2024 04:31 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
vnavaret

DonBurns wrote: There needs to be a slight space between the end of this actuator and the master cylinder. If not the boost will be activated, resulting in the brakes locking. For some reason, after my repairs mine needed adjustment to shorten the actuator.
Just wanted to add to this thread;

I used a TR6 booster to replace my original that was seized and severlyly rusted from what I assume was a fluid leak in the distant past. A quick measurement showed that the TR6 booster has the tip of the push rod extending about 2mm further out than the original.

Per this thread, I adjusted the push rod back 2mm so that it matched the original in terms of its relation to the MC. My MC is not original, as I have gone for the aftermarket equivalent that has a 1" bore instead of the factory 7/8" bore.

It will be a while before I know if this is all going to work, but I wanted to mention the difference between the OEM servo push rod position and the TR6 servo push rod. It is apparently a very important difference that is very easy to miss.

Vance

Last edited on 08-10-2024 04:33 pm by vnavaret