View single post by fenflame
 Posted: 06-23-2024 02:19 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
fenflame

Thanks for the reply. Absolutely agree with you. We have to make do and mend a lot more now with more and more parts unavailable.
Some background as I'm new to this forum and its  impossible to know peoples skill level. I'm a 55 year old Brit Engineer living in the USA for the past 20 years. I've restored many British cars over the years. Ironically I own an Aston Martin Vantage too. Used to have a DB7, that had Mazda 323F tail lights !  This JH is the latest project. I've been at it for about a year, rebuilt the engine and transmission, steering, suspension and become very friendly with Mike at Delta in the process :)  It runs well, just trying to ties some loose ends up. The distributor does work fine as I just leave the vac disable.

Haha....I meant a Stromberg equipped JH as opposed to a Dellorto equipped. Yeah I know its a Lucas Dist ;)

Let me reword: The Lucas distributor on the Stromberg Carb equipped cars in the US has a vacuum retard, not an advance. This distributor has a vac advance, not something that ever existed on JH's (from all sources I can find).

My point of posting was simply because MR are one of the biggest sellers of JH parts and they are shipping out a distributor for Stromberg carb equipped cars with a vac advance capsule when from every piece of documentation available it should be a vacuum retard capsule. THats not to say it can't be made to work, but there is no baseline for vac advance for the 907 that I'm aware of.

I have emailed MR to see what their take is, it could be as simple as the wrong capsule has been fitted.

Last edited on 06-23-2024 02:32 pm by fenflame