View single post by Dakota123
 Posted: 05-28-2024 12:39 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dakota123

Been quite a while… Got the crank-triggered ignition up and running this weekend using a Ford EDIS and Megasquirt 2 v3.57. I had proved out the 36-1 trigger wheel and VR initially using just the EDIS and limp mode (10 deg fixed timing) and then installed the ECU (above and behind the glove box) and relay board (above the foot rest), connected by a cable. Amazingly, just set the timing table in Tuner Studio and fired right up. Even the USB-VGA adapter and driver worked with no issues. Other than the upside-down work installing the ecu and relay board, pretty painless. Rock-solid timing and will idle reliably down to 400-500 rpms (not that you would).

Had bought a Spidya RVC-RVI tach conversion kit but not absolutely necessary. Discovered you can drive the RVC tach from the original coil + white/slate wire (which is what I ultimately used for the new coil’s hot lead and hot lead to the EDIS). Works perfectly. (I hooked up a secondary keyed power source so when the tach dies someday it’s 5 minutes to get back on the road).

Next up, steering rack, and then the fuel injection piece.

Attachment: IMG_0064.jpeg (Downloaded 25 times)

Last edited on 05-28-2024 12:43 am by Dakota123